Halloween was a success if you use the pumpkin buckets full of candy as a guage. However, the night was full of challenges along the way. If you're only looking for pictures, quit reading and go to our Picasa web album to see the pictures I added. Or you can keep reading to hear all the adventures of the night.
It started out better than I anticipated. Trevor was the blue Power Ranger and Sarah was a fairy princess. I was able to convice Sarah to wear a long-sleeve shirt under her dress so she wouldn't freeze. I was also able to pin her wings in a way that kept them from drooping (yea!). She even sat still for a ponytail and lipstick and blush!
Once we were in the old neighborhood and on our way, she fell down 3 or 4 times when she was walking at the end of driveways. I guess she was off-balance carrying her bucket, and those little slopes kept making her slip. Then every house with a dog scared her and she wouldn't walk up to the door. Twice, dogs ran out the door at her, and one jumped on her which made her hysterical.
For Trevor, the scary part was when a guy dressed as the Grim Reaper (or a wraith from Lord of the Rings?) stepped out from some bushes. The guy was trying to scare Trevor's friend Ali (who knew him), but Trev was the one who got freaked out. I felt so bad for him! Luckily we had made it around the block by then and were back to the van. He couldn't get inside fast enough!
Of course, all was made better at home when they each got to pick a couple of treats from their buckets to eat. Next year I will make sure to take the stroller with me, so a cold tired girl can ride the last of the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment