Monday, October 12, 2009

October snow

October 2009

A couple inches of wet snow fell overnight and throughout this morning. The kids were going crazy wanting to go play in the snow, so we ventured out. Just getting all the gear on was an adventure in itself. I probably should have waited until I had the help of another grown-up because Sarah's boots kept coming off, and eventually she took off her mittens, too. All the while, I was holding Michael and praying the other kids didn't slip and fall down the steps or off the giant bolders of the retaining walls outside the townhouse. Needless to say Sarah threw a big tantrum and sucked the fun right out of the morning for the rest of us (bless her heart, she was cold and cranky, so I shouldn't have been surprised). But at least I got a few pictures before the crying started.

No comments: