Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The ups and downs of life with kids

It was an up-and-down day yesterday. Sarah's getting a cold or her two-year molars are coming in or who knows what, but she was mostly crabby throughout the day. Seriously, I think the terrible twos have arrived a few months early!
Anyway, we started with the usual shenanigans in the morning. The kids chase each other around, inevitably going in my bedroom and getting into things. See below the evidence of their crime: John's swim caps. Perhaps they'll be elite swimmers one day!





Then came the shrieking and crying when Sarah didn't get her way about something. I honestly don't remember what, because it happens sooo often. Again, here are the pictures to show you the drama in our world. She also laid down on her stomach and cried, but you've probably seen the picture of when that happened on the boat...


And then there were the fun "highs" of the day, like when she brought me a pair of John's dress socks (and, of course, I put them on her!), and then danced to "The Wheels on the Bus" in Trevor's room. I kind of like the knee-high boots and diaper look, don't you?



Here's the link to the pictures if you want to download any. http://picasaweb.google.com/zimmerman8520/TheUpsAndDownsOfLifeWithKids
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Oh how I relate to the daily drama of a girl!!! As crazy as it gets...you gotta love it! So fun to see your kids and feel a sense of re-connecting across the miles!