Well we've been in our new home for a month now. I am finally taking a few moments to update our blog. First I'll remind you of the link to our web albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/minnesotazimmermans. There are a few pictures of the kids taken over the last few days. You'll see we are growing out Sarah's bangs. When I can get a headband on her, she looks pretty cute. But most of the time she looks... well, really messy. Which I suppose is par for the course, since we're in the midst of potty training (still!) and I'm constantly cleaning up messes.
Michael is 8 months old now. He weighs about 18-1/2 pounds, which put in perspective is bigger than his big brother at this age. Trevor weighed 18 pounds when he turned one! Michael is not showing many signs of crawling yet - he just doesn't like to be on his tummy much. However he does try to pull up on any person or thing near him. Maybe he'll skip crawling altogether!
Trevor's big accomplishment (by his own account) is that he has mastered the 3 levels on Wii Mario Kart and unlocked "mirror mode." Yeah, I know, that means nothing to those of you who don't play this game, but he is very proud of himself. He's also getting better at writing his letters and also staying within the lines when he's coloring - he loves to show off his works of art.
As for the house, we are loving it and continue to add to the very long list of things to do around here. Last weekend John built some shelves for the garage and it currently trying to organize things so he can bring the boat home (to its very own stall!) soon. Another task he had to undertake was fixing about a million holes the kids poked in the silver insulation layer against the foundation walls in the basement. Ah, good times. The most unfortunate part of moving into a new home this time of year is the gross, muddy driveway and yard. Our concrete drive won't be installed until the spring road restrictions are lifted, probably in June. And we can't get sod put in the yard until the driveway is done. It's a good thing there's a park down the street!
That's all the time I have today. Motherhood calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment