I never thought about the fact that both Minnesota and Mississippi have 4 syllables until recently when, on several occasions, Trevor has referred to where we live as "Mississota." We've always laughed that our kids would be confused about Cubs vs Twins, our affinity for the Bulldogs and lack of excitement for the Vikings. Looks like we have to overcome a different kind of confusion first! Or we'll just enjoy using our new term, Mississotans, which I suppose is what we are now. Quite clever, actually.
Embracing the chaos! The not-so-wild adventures of the Zimmerman family in Minnetrista, Minnesota.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Mississota??
I never thought about the fact that both Minnesota and Mississippi have 4 syllables until recently when, on several occasions, Trevor has referred to where we live as "Mississota." We've always laughed that our kids would be confused about Cubs vs Twins, our affinity for the Bulldogs and lack of excitement for the Vikings. Looks like we have to overcome a different kind of confusion first! Or we'll just enjoy using our new term, Mississotans, which I suppose is what we are now. Quite clever, actually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! The kids look so big! Seems like you guys are doing really well:) We miss you!
Laura Tisdell
Post a Comment