Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Embrace the chaos


My new year's resolution was to "embrace the chaos" in our lives, particularly the chaos that three young children bring to our home every day. More than two weeks into the new year, I say, "so far, so good." As you can see, Michael is eating with a spoon and fork now. I was reluctant to really begin this phase because, let's face it, it's just MESSY, so I wasn't offering him a spoon unassisted very often. But he's been more demanding about wanting a utensil, so here we go! He's doing quite well, but he also enjoys dumping everything out onto his tray and making a mess. I just have to get over the fact that my primary function these days is to clean up after him. Embrace the chaos!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That's rice on Michael's face, by the way. He LOVES it, but sure does make a mess eating it.