Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our new (temporary) place



Did you know we sold our house? Yeah, we did, but it happened way before we were able to find a new home, so we're renting a townhome temporarily. And we just happen to be right on the other side of Lake Hazeltine, where the PGA tournament is taking place this week. The picture above is our view from our living room window, which shows a tiny bit of the lake. And that bit of sky will definitely be the site of the Goodyear blimp soon (the kids are looking forward to that!).

The house hunt is progressing. That's about all I can really say. We're being pretty picky since this is THE house we'll be in for a long long time. Needless to say, we've looked a LOT of houses.

We're doing ok in our temporary smaller space. Trevor and Sarah are sharing a room and have their beds bunked. So far the most challenging thing is dealing with fights over toys (Sarah thinks everything belongs to her, and unfortunately, that is so not true). Michael is sharing our bedroom, and that is great fun (yeah right). When do babies start sleeping through the night?

Here are a few snapshots of Trevor and Sarah doing what we usually do most of the morning here - hang out, watch TV (yes, I'm a terrible mom), and play with Legos. Notice that Sarah does NOT want her picture taken. And Trevor's been wearing that outfit for about 36 hours now (again, terrible mom).





If you haven't read the blog lately, be sure to check out recent posts with pictures of Michael. I know they're not very interesting, but babies don't do much at this stage. Sleep, eat, poop, fuss, repeat. That's about it. He has given us a few small smiles, but you can never capture those on camera. He is, however, quickly replacing Sarah as the family drama queen, especially at 3 a.m. when he's really tired but doesn't seem to know how to get to sleep. Lots of whimpering and sad looks. Good times :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sandy said...

I had written a comment in detail but not sure where it went!!!!
Sorry about that Stacey.
Your family is beautiful and so precious. Hang in there and you will wonder soon where the time went and how they got so big so fast.
Treasure these moments for God has so blessed your family. I only wish I could be a part of helping you now.......I an and will pray for you.

Love you,
aunt Sandy